If you are the owner of local business, then it is very important for you to optimize your page for the Local SEO. For example, if someone is looking for a “best florist” on Google, then after the paid business ads you will find Google maps listing. The Google map will show the local florist nearest to your location along with all the other necessary information like contact and website url. So, if you own a location based business then locating it in the Google maps will help you in generating more organic traffic to the business.
Here are few tips which will help you in optimizing your page for Local SEO.
- “Interesting and informative content always attracts”. This is the first thing which needs to be followed. A nice content always help in holding more traffic on a page and Google always gives high priority to the good content. So, before starting anything, work on the content first.
- “NAP – Name, Address, Phone Number”. You must have the correct name, address and phone number of your business. Try to add the same data on Google maps listing which is added on the website. It must be a functional one. Same data should be maintained everywhere. Google gives priority to the authentic NAP of your business.
- “Localized Domain Name”. If the domain name contains the location, then it will help your business in making it more popular. For example “mumbaiflourist.com” is more specific than “onlineflourists.com”.
- “Dedicated Pages for Each Location”. If your business is based on different locations, then it is a good practice to create a separate service page for each of the location.
- “Local Keywords for Local Search”. Focus on the local keywords which are mostly searched and optimize the page accordingly. Check what keywords are being searched by the people around you. Select the most searched ones and create content including the location of the business.
- 6. “Maps Listing”. Add your business on the maps which includes the authentic business address and uniform contact details which are added on the website. Search engines take such factors very seriously while deciding the spot for your business.