Marketing at the tip of your fingers :
Before the era of Digital Marketing, the most effective means of marketing was “Word of Mouth”. With the advancement in technology, such as the daily use of smartphones, marketing has gone global and Digital. Everything that we view on our smartphones is a source of digital marketing, be it social media apps or the websites that we visit. We are being monitored by our own devices on what we need and what we search for. Hence, giving birth to the amazing field of “Digital Marketing”.
The COVID-19 outbreak has caused immense stress and undermined psychological well-being. Many people started losing their jobs. They have been concerned not only about being infected but also about Jobs. As COVID-19 spread across the globe, people everywhere are learning to cope with a new way of living and got introduced to the Digital world. Working Digitally is a great opportunity for everyone including all age groups. The companies that are best positioned to survive in this environment are those that had already begun to pivot to a digital marketplace. But not know e-commerce presence is the only challenge.
The Growing Role of Digital Marketing :
As more businesses enter into Online Digital Marketing, the competition for traffic becomes even greater. For this reason, holding our Business names in the market has become more difficult. Due to this, there's a rise in competition leading to critical situations in building brand recognition and increasing traffic to business websites. While many small companies focus on organic marketing efforts like social media and traditional outreach, paid media is becoming more important in the fight for customer attention online.
Taking Digital Marketing to the Next Level :
Marketing techniques have evolved as the changes occurred within the marketing era.
Radio advertising led to TV advertising, which then shifted to Digital Marketing with the rise of the Internet. Due to market progressions, the COVID-19 pandemic is increasing the scope of Digital Marketing even further more into everyone's life as a Career. It's becoming a quick must-have skill that employers are looking for.
In any business, it is vital to be able to put out the product to as many people as possible at a local and global level. Through Digital Marketing, businesses can target the local audiences with tools such as Search Optimization and effective marketing strategies. Meeting the customer’s requirements is of utmost importance to any business and this is achieved through continuous research on what the customer surfs through on the internet.
With the boom in the usage of the internet through mediums like Jio, people have taken to e-shopping through websites, applications and social media. The most direct way of interacting with customers is through social media. This is termed Social Media Marketing, which is done on various social media platforms such as Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, Linked In, YouTube, and WhatsApp.
Digital Marketing is all about being extremely creative and effective in grasping the customer’s attention by displaying attractive content that is relevant, informative and interactive. It is also about knowing who your target audience is. The first step in digital marketing is doing market research and knowing what the requirements of the customer are. Based on the research, strategies can be formulated on how to go about marketing the product or business.
Emotional connect along with being relevant and informative is extremely crucial. Each one of us swipes through our social media feeds and consume gigabytes of content every day. So, appearing on the customer’s feed and converting them into potential customers to enhance the business and grow it digitally is what we strive to achieve using Digital Marketing.
Digital Marketing: A Career in Demand
Today's world is a digital one, with nearly half of the global population online. With so many people using the internet, it makes sense for a business to tap into digital. Digital Marketing is the use of the internet, mobile devices, social media and search engines to reach customers.
The approach to digital marketing differs from conventional marketing mainly because of the way customers interact with the digital world, which may be through websites, social media or search engines.
Digital Marketing facilitates direct interaction with the customer, gaining continuous feedback, which in turn helps the business incorporate changes regularly to enhance the business and grow it to satisfy the growing and rapidly changing demands of the customer. The customer interacts with the business directly through websites and social media platforms, and all the actions of the customer can be tracked using the Analytics tools, hence, making it easier to understand customer behaviour and increasing the conversion rates.
The Father of Advertising, David Ogilvy rightly quoted, “What you say in advertising is more important than how you say it”. A lot of ads that we view regularly target on leaving us with something memorable. For example, the famous tagline of “Amul”-” The taste of India.”, is a tagline that sticks in the mind of the customer and helps in creating an emotional connection, which in turn makes the customer want to buy the product manufactured by “Amul” mainly because the brand associates itself with the nation.
Digital Marketing channels include:
- Social media (Facebook, Instagram, etc.)
- Content Marketing
- Email Marketing
- PPC (Pay Per Click)
- SEM (Search Engine Marketing)
- Inbound marketing
- Affiliate Marketing
Pros and Cons of Digital Marketing :
- Low investment - In digital marketing, there is a considerable reduction in the investment as there are no transportation costs, less paperwork, etc.
- Local as well as Global reach - Digital Marketing enables the business to reach the audience on a local level as well as the global level, attempting to reach out to each customer, which might have not been possible otherwise.
- More engagement options - In addition to reaching out to a global audience, we can engage with our customers through direct contact such as emails and receiving continuous feedback, which would in turn help in the growth of the business by fulfilling customer requirements.
- Easy to measure your campaigns - The success or reach of digital marketing can be measured by using various Analytics Tools, which give information on how the customers are interacting with the advertised content, website or social media posts aimed at promoting the business.
- Focuses on Targeted Audience - Digital Marketing is all about creating relevant content that gives information to the specific target audience, and not to every individual surfing through the internet.
- Dependability on Technology - Digital Marketing highly depends on external factors like having a laptop or a smartphone and good internet connectivity. It also depends on the usage of various apps such as Facebook and Instagram, without which digital marketing cannot take place. Moreover, the technology used for analytics and promoting the business keeps changing rapidly and requires high adaptability.
- Security, Privacy issues - Digital Marketing involves the business collecting a lot of personal information from the customers and hence, this poses a threat to security and privacy issues. When handling confidential information and maintaining them in the database, additional care needs to be taken to avoid any leak of information that might have a drastic effect on the business. Similarly, the information of the business is also at risk as it is exposed to platforms such as websites and social media apps, and hence, being susceptible to cyber crimes such as hacking.
- Worldwide Competition through Globalisation - Every business, when attempting to promote and market itself faces a lot of competition from other businesses at a global level. It becomes challenging to compete in terms of visibility of content and reaching the target audience.
Future of Digital Marketing as Career -
Every company or business in the world uses digital marketing to promote itself and reach out to the target audience at a global level. Since digital marketing occurs at such an enormous level, it provides wide employment opportunities, ranging from a small business to a well established multinational company.
The world has become digital and everything is just one tap away on our smartphones. With technology advancing at such a rapid rate, there is absolutely no doubt that digital marketing is an evergreen field whose requirements are endless. Even during the time of the pandemic, the Digital Marketing industry stood high and strong. There are immense learning opportunities in the field that pose so many challenges regularly, aiming at satisfying the requirements of the customer and growing the business in a world where the sky's the limit.
Several sources provide Digital Marketing courses that will help you enhance your skills and build a solid foundation. There are paid as well as free certified courses available on the internet. Interested ones can even take up full-time courses in some famous Universities in India and across the globe. Boost your career with a Certified Course in Digital Marketing. Join Today!! Call us on 9136024246 / 7 or mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will prepare a tailor-made digital marketing solution for you that will be effective, efficient and ‘value-for-money!