Search Engine Optimization (SEO) is the process of improving the online visibility of a website in a web search engine's organic results. Huge traffic generating websites automatically show up on Google’s first page of SERP. Google makes many algorithm changes in a year, which affects your ranking of a website on the search pages. Having said that, here there are 5 important SEO tools that will kick start your rankings.
1. Get Active on Social Media
Today search engines try to take into account as much information as possible about your website. They use it to determine the quality of your website and thus where they should place your content when someone searches regarding a topic within your niche. One of the factors that search engines consider is your brand’s presence on social media. In particular, they consider the following questions.
- How active are you on social media?
- How updated are your social media handles?
- How many shares and reach does your website content get on social media?
This means that social media sharing and marketing are well worth your time. When it comes to which social media platforms to choose your efforts on, it’s ultimately up to you.
Backlinks Generate (Off-Page SEO)
Backlinks are a better way to generate traffic to your website and increase your rankings at the same time. Backlinks are the sites that point from someone else’s website to your website. And they basically tell Google that the referring website trusts you, which, if that website has a high domain authority, is good for your rankings. Backlinks help in getting better search engine ranking. Your goal should be to create links to individual posts along with those leading to your homepage.
You can use this strategy in your blog for other websites. All of these strategies are effective in their own way. You just have to decide which ones you have time for and which ones you don’t.
3. Google Search Console
Google Search Console is a collection of tools and resources to help analyze website owners, webmasters, web marketers and SEO professionals monitor website performance in the Google search index.
One of the most popular and important features of Google Search Console is Search Analytics. It tells you about how to get organic traffic from Google. It also offers critical search metrics from the website such as clicks, impressions, rankings and click-through rates.
4. Use SEO Analysis Tools
- Google Ad Words Keyword Planner is one of the most comprehensive keyword research tools that can be used. With it, you can look up keywords and get traffic estimates about it. More importantly, it can help you figure out how competitive keywords are, based on their Ad Words price. To avoid overwhelming with this information, this tool lets you filter keywords out based on Cost-per-Click (CPC) or search volume
- Find out the search volume for any keyword that you want.
- Determines a keyword’s competitiveness from its CPC.
- Get detailed reports for specific keywords.
II. Moz Pro is a tool created to help you tackle SEO using a data-driven approach. Moz Pro is similar to SEMrush, in that it enables you to research both specific long-tail keywords and other domains. You can use the information to avoid keywords with little potential and to improve on what your competitors are doing.
- Research on how competitive a keyword is, as well as its search volume.
- Get suggestions on related keywords.
- Investigate your competitors, including which keywords they are targeting upon.
- Get on-page optimization suggestions and error alerts.
III. AHREFS is the most popular digital marketing analysis tools used for preparing audit report, backlink analysis, URL rankings, competitive analysis and many more. It is used mainly for SEO analysis. Apart from the SEO backlink analysis, it is also useful for keyword analysis and website.
- It provides quality inputs for the organic search report
- Extensive backlink analysis report
- Helps To perform a better competitor analysis
- Keyword research tool provides competitor keyword analysis
5. Competitive Keyword Analysis
Competitive keyword analysis should play an integral part in your paid and organic search optimization strategy. As the paid search activity continues to grow, so will the number of businesses you compete against within the search battlefield.
Understanding who your competitors are and the keywords they’re optimizing for is critical to staying relevant, competitive and profitable in your pursuit to generate more revenue. There are several advanced tips for conducting competitive keyword analysis and how to apply your findings to your own optimization strategies. This is mostly done to get an idea of how the competitors are using their keywords on their title, description and so on.